San Diego City College is committed to an educational environment that is free from interference and disruption, and that fosters equity and mutual respect. The Office of Student Affairs is a central location to which students can turn to if they are interested in filing a complaint. All complaints are filed online via our SDCCD website; this is the quickest and most successful way of resolving an issue. The Office of Student Affairs hears student concerns and helps them understand their options for resolving the concerns. Students may file a complaint when they believe that a College faculty or staff member has violated the following Board Policies and Administrative Procedures:

  1. Student Rights, Responsibilities and Administrative Due Process: Policy 3100 - Dean of Student Affairs
  2. Student Grievance: Procedure 3100.1 - Dean of Student Affairs
  3. Student Discipline: Procedure 3100.2 - Dean of Student Affairs
  4. Honest Academic Conduct: Procedure 3100.3 - Dean of Student Affairs
  5. Prohibition of Harassment: Policy 3430 - Site Compliance Officer
  6. Nondiscrimination: Policy 3410 - Site Compliance Officer
  7. Filing a Complaint of Discrimination or Harassment: Procedure 3435 - Site Compliance Officer
  8. Fraud/Whistle Blower: Policy 6125 - District Level Report
  9. Grade Challenge: Procedure 3001.2 - Vice President of Instruction
  10. Disability Discrimination and Requests for Academic Accommodations: BP 3105 - 504 Officer
  11. Filing a Request for Academic Accommodations: Procedure 3105.1 - 504 Officer
  12. Filing a Title IX Report: BP 3410 Nondiscrimination, Title IX Complaint Form - Title IX Coordinator
  13. Reporting a Disability Access Problem: Disability Support Programs & Services

Most complaints, grievances or disciplinary matters should be resolved at the campus/district level. If a complaint does not fall into one of the categories above, the complaint should be addressed in writing to the college President (name, contact). Individuals are strongly encouraged to make every attempt to resolve matters through the appropriate administrative processes. Matters that are not resolved internally may be processed by using the following agencies in the order described below.

  • The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) at if your complaint is associated with the institution's compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards. ACCJC is the agency that accredits the academic programs of the California Community Colleges.
  • If your complaint does not concern the California Community College's compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards, you may contact the California Community College Chancellor's Office by completing the web form found here.