work study flyer_spr 22


  • Student must be receiving DVA Benefits
  • Student must be attending college 3/4 time or more


  • VA Work Studies are paid at the state or federal minimum wage, whichever is greater.
  • VA Work Study pay is non-taxable.

How Do Students Apply?

  • Complete the Application for Work-Study Allowance (VA Form 22-8691).
  • Obtain an Enrollment Certification (VA Form-1999) from the college Veterans Office.
  • Your application and Enrollment Certification will be submitted to the VA Regional Processing Office by the college Veterans Office.
  • If approved by the VA Regional Processing Office, a contract will be sent to the college Veterans Office who will notify you.
  • If denied by the VA Regional Processing Office, a letter will be sent to you.