Welcome to the CalWORKs Believe Counseling Department
Who We Are:
The CalWORKs Believe Program offers support services to students who receive TANF/CalWORKs benefits. Specialized services have been designed to support students in their career, education and personal goals.
To guide and empower individuals through advocacy, academic and personal counseling to achieve higher education leading to the attainment of a successful career and economic independence.
Interested in making extra money? Join the CalWORKs Work-study program.
Benefits of work-study are:
- Income you earn doesn't affect cash-aid
- Hours worked count towards your welfare-to-work plan
- Experience gained builds on your resume and skills
- Meet new people and expand your networking opportunities
- Great way to increase your references
- Academic, career and personal counseling
- CalWORKs Work study (campus employment that will not affect your cash aid)
- Early class enrollment
- Student success workshops
- Campus Resources and Referral
- Scholarship Assistance
- ITP and Book Request
- CalWORKs Break Activities
- School supplies your first term at the college (backpack, notebook paper, flash-drive, etc.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- The "Believe" CalWORKs program will provide comprehensive educational plans through counseling academic advising sessions with faculty to Believe Participants in addition to Individual Training Plan documentation for county aid.
- "Believe" CalWORKs students will be provided work study and job placement opportunities to support efforts towards self-sufficiency.
- Through the efforts of the "Believe" CalWORKs program, students will have access to employment skills training with campus and community partners.
CalWORKs Believe Team
San Diego City College CalWORKs team is here to support you. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us.