The mission of Instructional Services is to provide high quality instructional programs that promote student learning and success. The Office of Instruction ensures the timely and accurate development of the class schedule, catalog production, curriculum building, program planning, and professional development for faculty and staff, as well as ensuring compliance with state, federal, and local regulations and policies. Instructional Services accomplishes its mission through clear and effective communication and coordination with College and District administrators, faculty and staff, and with external agencies.
For information about the Office of Instruction, contact (619) 388-3523 or email at City Instructional Services (email@example.com).
In accord with the college's mission and institutional priorities, Instructional Services has as its goals:
- Provide lower division and general education courses that lead to Certificates, Associate Degrees, and/or transfer to a four year college or university.
- Develop career technical education programs that meet specific industry and community needs, upgrade the employment skills of students, and fulfill license requirements of the state of California as well as contribute to the economic development of our region.
- Offer basic skills instruction to assist students in meeting their educational goals.
- Maintain essential instructional support for all students.
- Use technology and information to support instruction, communication, and decision making.
- Maintain the integrity of academic programs in an environment of continuous regulatory and fiscal change.
- Develop a creative range of programs to promote environmental, cultural, physical, political, and economic sustainability.
- Recruit and maintain faculty and staff that reflect the diversity of our student population.
Schools of Instruction
Downloadable PDF of Instructional Services Organizational Chart
- Arts, Humanities, and Communications
- Behavioral and Social Sciences, and Consumer and Family Studies
- Business, Information Technology, Cosmetology
- Engineering and Technologies, Mathematics, Sciences, and Nursing
- Health, Exercise Science, and Athletics
- Information and Learning Technology
- Off Campus Programs
- Tutorial Services
Ms. Matilda "Tillie" Chavez was approved in December by the SDCCD Board of Trustees
to serve as City College's new vice president of instruction. Tillie brings more than
17 years of experience in higher education. She earned a BS in nursing from Arizona
State University and an MS in nursing from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland,
Ohio. Tillie is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in higher education leadership at Old Dominion
University in Norfolk, VA. Most recently, Tillie served as the interim vice president
of instruction at South Mountain Community College in Phoenix.
Lydia D. Gonzales - Administrative Secretary to the Vice President of Instruction
Phone: (619) 388-3523
Location: Room: A-222
Kamini Bhakta - Administrative Technician to the Vice President of Instruction
Phone: (619) 388-3526
Location: Room: A-222
Angela Testado - Administrative Technician to the Vice President of Instruction
Phone: (619) 388-3943
Location: Room: A-103A1