Welcome to the Counseling & Personal Growth Department
We are ready to assist you with all your academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling needs. To reach our department staff for general inquiries, please call (619) 388-3540 or (619) 894-6118 during our business hours, Monday to Thursday 8:00am- 6:00pm and Friday 8:00am- 1:00pm, or email CityCounseling@sdccd.edu.
Your Covid-19 vaccination status must be updated via the district's "Cleared4" website in order to receive any in-person counseling services. Click here to watch a video on how to upload your vaccination card.
For more information visit the SDCCD Covid-19 Information for Students website
CONNECT WITH A COUNSELOR
Counselors are available via email, in person and online. Click here and select "Counseling Services Start Here" to get started.
ATTENTION NEW STUDENTS:
After you apply for admission, and are assigned a student ID number, your next step is to complete the New Student Educational Planning Workshop on Canvas. Visit the Counseling Workshops webpage link on the left side menu bar for more information.
Helpful links and videos:
- How to Register for Classes
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- SDCCD Frequently Asked Questions for Students
Department Student Learning Outcomes:
- We will empower students to maximize their priority enrollment. Students will gain knowledge of the benefits of being fully matriculated.
- We will empower students with knowledge of campus resources.
- We will empower students by clarifying their career goal.
- We will provide a user friendly system and process to serve student needs.