The San Diego City College Curriculum Review Committee (CRC) is a standing committee of the Academic Senate. The CRC shall ensure San Diego City College's curriculum meets the standards and criteria defined by the mission statement of the College, District guidelines, and the Education Code, especially the California Code of Regulations (Title 5, Section 5300.2).
Curriculum review is required for any additions, changes, or deletions to the portions of the catalog that describe programs and courses.
WHO WE ARE?
CRC STANDING MEMBERSHIP
Chair (1 - 2):
The chair will be one (or two, in the case of co-chairs) faculty representative(s) to be elected by the committee (CRC). The faculty committee chair(s) will receive reassigned time supported by the Office of Instruction. The term for chair(s) shall be two years.
Academic Senate (14 - 21):
Articulation Officer, Counselor, Librarian, Evaluator, 10-15 faculty at large (a balanced representation among arts, and sciences and occupational and technical disciplines). May include adjunct faculty and a campus DSPS representative.
Administration (1 - 3):
Vice President of Instruction. May include CTE Dean and Non-CTE Dean, appointed by the College President.
Classified Senate (0 - 1):
May include Classified Professional, appointed by the Classified Senate.
QUORUM AND VOTING RIGHTS
A quorum must have aminimum of 50%+1 of the committee as determined by appointments at the beginning of each academic year.
Voting rights shall be confined to standing members of the committee and to the person holding a proxy of a standing member of the committee.
AGENDAS AND MINUTES
The agenda shall be distributed to all standing members prior to the meeting and originators whose proposal/s are on that meeting's agenda. Minutes of all meetings shall be taken and shall be distributed to the standing members of the committee, the proposal originators from that meeting's agenda, and to other faculty and staff upon request. Minutes shall be posted in a public folder accessible electronically. The Office of the Vice President of Instruction will provide clerical assistance for recording and dissemination of all minutes, reports, and required documents.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Reviews and approves new curriculum as well as revisions of current curriculum, such as courses, programs, certificates, and degrees, including distance education components, in collaboration with discipline experts.
- Ensures curriculum is in the best interest of our students and meets standards and criteria defined by the mission statement of the College, District guidelines and Education Code, and the Colifornia Code of Regulations (Title 5).
- Recommends policies and procedures regarding academic and professional matters.
Meeting Days and Time
Curriculum Review Committee (CRC) meets at 2:00pm every first and third Wednesday.
Technical Review Workgroup (TRW) meets at 2:00pm every second and fourth Wednesday.
- Download the 2021 - 2022 Curriculum Review Committee and Technical Review Workgroup Meeting Dates
- View CRC and TRW Agendas and Minutes
This section is continuously updated. Please check back periodically for latest resources.
- How to Create a DE Only Proposal in CurricUNET
- City College Distance Education Default Language
- Curriculum Review Committee Charge (Google Doc format)
- SDCCD CurricUNET link
- 2018 Handbook: Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges
- California Community Colleges Taxonomy of Programs (TOP), 6th Edition
- Regional Consortium Program Recommendation Process
- Title 5, Section 55002. Standard and Criteria for Courses
- Title 5, Section 55063. Minimum Requirements for the Associate Degree