Have you ever wondered about human behavior? What makes people do what they do and feel how they feel?
You might want to consider Psychology as a major.
Psychology is a science that emphasizes the understanding of behavior. It's related to the biological sciences, although it often involves personal and/or cultural philosophy beliefs or values. In our program, you will learn to apply the principles of psychology to the understanding of behavior.
Most careers require graduate level degrees, but you can still work in the industry in these positions with your associate degree:
- Advertising researcher
- School counselor
- Drug abuse counselor
- Employment counselor
- Marriage and family counselor
- Mental health worker
- Probation officer
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, California is the state that employs the most clinical, counseling and school psychologists.
Program Leraning Outcomes
- Describe the field of psychology including its philosophical, theoretical, and scientific roots and the multitude of professional options.
- Explain how the scientific method lends itself to the goals of psychological research and statistical analysis of research data.
- Distinguish between various components of the nervous system, and explain how they work together to influence behavior and mental health processes.
- Analyze the influence of biological and environmental factors in the development of psychological processes such as sensation & perception, learning, memory, intelligence, personality, emotion, motivation, sexuality, mental health and social behavior.
Marie St. George