The PDAC is a standing committee of the Instructional Cabinet.
Meeting Days and Times
- PDAC meetings are 2nd Tuesdays, 12:30pm to 2:00pm
- PD Funding workgroup meetings are 1st Thursdays, 3:00pm to 4:00pm
Membership (as of January 2021)
- Don Long, Professional Development Coordinator
- Robbi Ewell, Dean of Information and Learning Technology
- Sean Ryan, Instructional Lab Technician, LRC; Classified Senate VP
- Neary Sim, Senior Secretary, School of Behavioral & Social Sciences and Consumer & Family Studies
- Angela Testado, Administrative Technician, VP of Instruction
- Susan Murray, Dean of Institutional Effectiveness
- Christy Ball, Professor, English
- Jennifer Boots, Professor, English Language Acquisition (ELAC)
- Donna Carter, Adjunct Professor, Counseling
- Kari Crawford, Professor, disAbility Support Programs and Services
- Soon-Ah Fadness, Professor, Philosophy
- Sarah Hawkins Professor, Life Science
- Anna Rogers, Professor, English
- Vacant -- If you are a student and are interested in joining us, please contact email@example.com
- Vacant -- If you are a supervisor and are interested in joining us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Charge and Decision-making Responsibilities
- Facilitate and support the ongoing creation of learning opportunities for all classified
staff, adjunct and tenured faculty, supervisors and managers to build the capacity
of San Diego City College to support student success and improve and sustain professional
growth across campus, programs, departments, and initiatives.
- Design, review, implement, and evaluate professional development activities and budget
to ensure that activities meet the guidelines for professional development as prescribed
in Title 5 and that SDCC’s strategic goals are supported and met.
- Make recommendations to the Instructional Cabinet and Student Services Council at
regularly scheduled meetings.
- Recommend, develop, review, revise and implement annually a 3-year campus professional development plan through a collaborative and shared governance process.
- Instructional Cabinet
- Academic Senate
- Classified Senate
- Student Services Council
- President's Council
Last updated: 2021-02-01