Step 1: Apply to San Diego City College
Please include Student ID Number in email.
If you were flagged a non-resident, these are some options that may apply.
Veterans (Tuition Affidavit) Click Here
- Veteran will need DD214 member page 4
- Discharged in-state (option A) or out state (Option B)
- Minimum of active military service
- Eligible dependents will need their Certificate of Eligibility & DD214 for the service member.
- Complete the Veteran Affidavit form
- Veterans using Chapter 33 or 31 who were discharged over 3 years ago, should complete (option B)
Spouse/Dependents of Active Duty: Click Here
Form can be completed by Mr. John Marshall's Office located at:
32nd Street, Naval Base Bldg 56, Room 116
Mr. John Marshall's Office
Phone: (619) 556-6367
Hours: (due to COVID restrictions, call to confirm hours)
The forms will need to be submitted via Jira Click Here
Step 2: Apply for Educational Benefits
Apply for educational benefits online at https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/
Processing time 30-45 days to receive Certificate of Eligibility
Step 3: Temporary Education Plan/Submit Transcripts
You will need to speak with a counselor for a temporary education plan. You will need to have a copy of your unofficial transcripts at the time of your appointment.
Email us to schedule time with a veterans counselor: email@example.com
Transcripts should be sent electronically, whenever possible. For more information please visit our District website:
Once all transcripts are received, you must submit a request for transcript evaluation. Request evaluation online: Request Transcript Evaluation Online
Please note: All transcripts must be on file & evaluated before you are certified for your second semester. Transcript evaluations are currently taking 3 months.
Step 4: Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
(SDCCD Code #001273)
Processing time 8-10 weeks.
You will need the following information:
For Fall 2021, Spring 2022, or Summer 2022: 2019 Taxes.
Apply for CCPG Fee Waiver
Step 5: Get help selecting your Classes and Learn About City
If you need assistance from an academic counselor to select the appropriate courses for your major. Schedule a drop in sessions with Counseling Department.
To reach our department staff for department related questions, please call 619.894.6118 during business hours Monday to Thursday 8:00am- 4:30pm and Friday 8:00am- 3:00pm or email CityCounseling@sdccd.edu.
New Student Campus Orientation Click Here
Step 6: Enroll in Classes and Submit your Paperwork
Register for Classes at MySDCCD Portal
The cerification process is not automatic, you will need to submit the following:
If this is your first semester using your education benefits at City College, submit the following documents online. When submitting forms cluster them in this order via JIRA: SUBMIT FORMS ONLINE
- VA STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING (SOU)
- VERIFICATION OF VETERAN STATUS (attach DD-214 Member-4) (DD214)
- VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY FOR EDUCATION BENEFITS (Attach Certificate of Eligibility or similar) (COE)
Label the updated forms based on TERM, YEAR, initials for the form. (Exp.FALL21SW) (fall 2021 semester worksheet)
- VA SEMESTER WORKSHEET(SW)
- VA DEFERMENT CONTRACT - for Post 9/11 and VR&E only (DC)
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS - for any prior college you attended (UT)
If you were flagged a nonresident you will need to complete the veteran exemption form below.
- VETERANS NON-RESIDENT TUITION EXEMPTION - if you are classified as Non Resident for Tuition Purposes. (Exemption)
- CLASS ADJUSTMENT - Submit only if you make changes to your classes (add/drop)(CAD)
If you have used your education benefits at City College before, submit these forms online to use your benefits for this semester. Continuing Veterans should submit these forms in one ticket via JIRA. SUBMIT FORMS ONLINE
VA DEFERMENT CONTRACT - for Post 9/11 and VR&E only (DC)
CLASS ADJUSTMENT - Submit only if you make changes to your classes (add/drop)